Saturday, June 30, 2012

My temple experience (Plus the whole trip!)

Well, now that I am recovering from the exhaustion of the trip, I thought I'd share a little bit with you guys.

During the trip, Seth took me to see "Wicked" the musical. Best. Show. Ever. Not only was the music absolutely fantastic, the acting was perfect. You could definitely tell that the actresses playing were having a great time on stage, and their improvisation was impeccable. I absolutely have never been to a better musical- what a great night that we had!

We also had a chance to go to Disney with the family- which was SO much fun and awesome. Need I say more?

Onto the temple-

Now, I had never been inside of a temple, so the whole experience was mind-boggling. First of all, when you look at the temple it just looks like a huge castle. If you can believe it, I will tell you that the inside is even more gorgeous!  Without going into too much detail, the entire experience was amazing. I felt like such a princess, preparing to be sealed to my husband for time and all eternity.

To be honest, before going into the temple- I was absolutely convinced that when I got in there I was just going to be overcome with emotion, and have some sort of huge spiritual revelation. However, this did not happen for me- (as it does for some). Instead, my feelings were much more subtle, and they were something that I had to realize I was having, rather than something that I was being overcome by.

I realized that as soon as I entered that temple, I had never (and I do mean never) felt so at peace. I was calm, I was comfortable, and I was so happy. My stress was lessened and it truly felt like I was in the presence of Heavenly Father. In a word, I would describe my feelings as "complete". There were times where I was simply thinking, "why don't I feel nervous?", "why am I so calm?", "why am I not freaking out right now?" And the answer for me, is, when you are truly taking the steps that you are supposed to take, Heavenly Father calms all of these emotions... at least for me.


This trip to the temple truly strengthened my testimony in a way that I never would have imagined. I am so thankful that I got the opportunity to go and be sealed to Seth (yes, I am still getting that goofy little grin at just the thought). I cannot wait to go back to the temple and experience this all over again!. After my experience in the temple, I have been given a calm, still confidence that everything is going to turn out alright.  Of course, I still stress (anyone that knows me knows that I do), but I have become less likely to be completely overcome by my daily worries. More often than my freakouts, I have that same feeling of "it'll all turn out"- which is something that is priceless!




1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way about the temple, and the Spirit in general. I've never had any big, awe-inspiring, over-emotional, ta-da moments. It's just quiet, contentedness. Always has been, and I think it's the best feeling in the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete